TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission) has released notification for the recruitment of 213 Assistant Engineer (Civil) Posts on direct recruitment basis in Highways Department. Eligible candidates may apply online on or before 12-08-2015. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, how to apply are given below.
Name of the Service: Tamil Nadu Highways Engineering Service
Name of the Posts: Assistant Engineer (Civil)
Total No. of Posts: 213 Posts
Age Limit: Candidates age should be minimum of 18 years & no maximum limit for SC, SC (A), ST, MBC/ DC, BC, BCM and Destitute Widows of all Castes, between 18-30 years for Others as on 01-07-2015. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Degree in Civil Engineering or should pass in Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations under Civil Engineering Branch.
Selection Process: Eligible Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in Written Examination & Oral Test in the form of an interview.
Examination Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 175/- (Examination Fee Rs. 125/- + Application Fee Rs. 50/-) through Offline/ Online mode. Those who have registered in the one time registration system and paid the registration fee of Rs. 50/- and received the registration ID need not pay the application fee i.e. Rs. 50/- and it is enough to pay the examination fee alone. Candidates have also to pay the service charges applicable to the Bank or Post Office/ Fee Processing Agency. Candidates claiming exemption from examination fee should pay Rs. 50/- of Application Cost.
Online Payment: Pay the fee through the online payment gateway i.e., Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card payment, an additional page of the application form will be displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details to make payment.
Offline Payment: Fee must be paid either through Post Office or Indian Bank Branch within two working days from the date of registration/ submission of application.
How to Apply: Eligible women candidates who fulfill all eligibility criteria can apply online through the website www.tnpsc.gov.in on or before 12.08.2015.
Instructions to Apply Online:
- Candidates should have valid email ID or mobile number & scanned copies of their photograph & signature.
- Log on through the website www.tnpsc.gov.in or www.tnpscexams.net.
- Click on the “Apply Online” & Select the appropriate post.
- Read the instructions carefully before applying online.
- Click on “Apply Online”.
- Fill all the details carefully & Submit the form.
- Now take printout of online application for future use.
- Date of Notification: 21.07.2015.
- Last Date to Apply Online: 12.08.2015.
- Last Date for Payment of Fee through Bank/ Post Office: 14.08.2015.
- Date of Written Examination: 06.09.2015.
- Time of Paper-I (Civil Engineering) Examination: 10:00 A.M to 01:00 P.M.
- Time of Paper-II (General Studies) Examination: 02:30 P.M to 4:30 P.M.