India Government and Ministry of Labour & Employment launched the NCS (National Career Service) Portal Launched for Job Seekers and Employment Exchanges like Employer, Counsellor, Career Center, Skill Provider, Placement Organisation, Government Department for Government as well as Private Jobs.
More than 4.5 Crore Job Seekers Across 959 Employment Exchanges Can Apply for Government and Private vacancies throughout the India.
This most comprehensive and India’s biggest employment portal launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Ministry of Labour & Employment which aims to connect all existing employment centres & create one of it’s kind e-employment exchange board online. The portal provides job matching services in a highly transparent as well as user friendly manner.
The NCS is something different as not only Government Sector jobs, but also private sector jobs would also be listed on the portal. Govt. has already initiated talks to include 9 lacs private sector’s companies into the portal.
Salient features of National Career Service Portal:
- From 1st day of launching, NCS included: Approx 2.05 Cror registered job seekers, About 1031 career centres, 129 career counsellors, 1684 registered employers from 53 industries as well as 23956 Subject Matter Experts registered.
- NCS is going to link with every employment exchange across India, & all Ministries and Govt. Departments would be mandated to share their job requirements on this Job Portal.
- Ministry of Entrepreneurship, Skill India Mission & Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) would be directly linked with NCS, so that startups and Small and medium-sized enterprises can pick the right candidates for their ventures.
- This Job portal will be with these features: Job posting, Aptitude assessment, career counseling, job matching, training providers as well as skill courses. Special guidance courses on self-employment & entrepreneurship is also going to start very soon.
- This also includes three major Govt. initiatives i.e. Digital India, Skill India and Make in India champaign.
Various private Job portals like Naukri dot com, Monster LinkedIn, TimesJobs etc. who connects Job seekers with employers (Company) but not free as well as are limited. National Career Service (NCS) is not only provide this service free but also provides Government as well private jobs (along with counseling and other add on services.)
If maintained & optimized well, NCS portal has the fire to disrupt the existing job market in India.