IAF (Indian Air Force) issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Commissioned Officer vacancies in Flying, Technical and Ground Duty Branches through Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) – 01/ 2016. Eligible candidates (Both Male & Female) can apply online from 05.12.2015 to 31.12.2015. Full vacancy details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, how to apply are given below.
Name of the Branch:
1. Flying Branch:
- No. 201/17F/SSC/M & W (Short Service Commission for Men & Women)
2. Technical Branch:
- No. 200/17T/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 200/17T/SSC/M & W (Short Service Commission for Men & Women)
3. Ground Duty Branch:
- No. 200/17G/PC/M (Permanent Commission for Men)
- No. 200/17G/SSC/M (Short Service Commission for Men & Women)
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Graduation in any discipline or B.E/ B.Tech with 60% marks for Flying Branch, Four year degree qualification or cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with 60% marks for Technical Branch and Graduation with 60% marks/ Graduation Degree in Commerce/ Post Graduation Degree/ Diploma in any discipline/ C.A/ ICWA with 50% marks for Ground Duty Branch.
Age Limit:Candidates age should be between 20-24 years for Flying Branch, 20-26 years for Technical Branch & Ground Duty Branch as on 01.07.2017. Age relaxation is applicable upto 26 years of age for Flying Branch as per rules.
Selection Process:Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in AFCAT & Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (for candidates applied for technical branch only) followed by Intelligence Test, Psychological Test, Group Test, Medical Test and Interview conducted by Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs). Candidates applying for Flying Branch must appear for CPSS (Computerised Pilot Selection System), Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).
How to Apply:Eligible candidates can apply online through the IAF career website www.careerairforce.nic.in from 05.12.2015to 31.12.2015.
Instructions for Online Application :
- Log on to the website www.careerairforce.nic.in.
- Click on “Candidate Login”.
- Click on “New Candidate” to start the Online Application process.
- Fill all the five parts of online applications carefully including part 5 where you need to upload photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Submit the application and retain User Name and Password for future use.
- Starting Date to Apply Online : 05.12.2015
- Last Date to Apply Online : 31.12.2015
- Date of AFCAT & EKT Exam : 21.02.2016 (Sunday)
- Date of Course Commencing : January 2017