UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) issued a recruitment notification for conducting Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016 for the recruitment of 208 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Central Ground Water Board. Eligible candidates who fulfill all eligibility criteria can apply online from 06.02.2016 to 04.03.2016 by 11:59 P.M. Full vacancy details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, how to apply are given below.
Name of the Exam: Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016
Total No. of Posts: 208 Posts
Name of the Posts:
1. Category I (Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines): 206 Posts
i. Geologist, Group A: 121 Posts
ii. Geophysicist, Group A: 56 Posts
iii. Chemist, Group A: 29 Posts
2. Category II (Posts in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): 02 Posts
(Scientist B), Group A: 02 Posts
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Master’s Degree in Geological Science/ Geology/ Applied Geology/ Geo-Exploration for Geologist, M.Sc. in Physics/ Applied Physics/ M.Sc (Geophysics) for Geophysicist, M.Sc in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry for Chemist, Master’s Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology for Junior Hydrogeologist.
Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 21-32 years for Category I posts, 21-35 years for Category II posts as on 01.01.2016. Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of Written examination, Interview/ Personality Test.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. No fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ Female candidates.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the website www.upsconline.nic.in from 06-02-2016 to 04-03-2016 by 11:59 P.M.
Instructions to Apply Online:
- Before applying online candidates have to scan the copies of photograph & signature.
- Log on through the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”.
- Click on “Part – I/ Part – II Registration”.
- Read the Important Instructions & fill the form with all the relevant details & submit the application form.
- After successful registration, a unique registration ID will be allotted, note down the ID & password.
- Now fill the personal profile, contact details, age relaxation if applicable.
- Now fill the details of qualification, experience.
- Now fill the details of Professional Registration, Language, Miscellaneous Module.
- Now candidate have to choose the Recruitment Test Centre.
- Now candidates have to upload documents in Document Upload Module
- After uploading photograph & signature preview the ORA form and check the details carefully.
- Now click on the submit button
- Candidates can Pay Online using the Internet banking facility in SBI or other associated banks or can pay through Visa/ Master Debit or Credit card issued by any Bank/ Institution.
- Here the Transaction ID & Date of Registration details will directly uploaded automatically.
- Now pay the fee through cash at any branch of State Bank of India through the Pay-in-Slip
- A transaction ID will be given, again revisit the website and click on the “Click here to view your Previous/ Currently active applications”.
- Log in by registration ID & password, candidates can see “My Active Application (My draft Application)” link.
- Now fill the details of transaction ID and Date of Transaction if paid through cash.
- Click “Continue”, check the details of fee and submit the application.
- Now take the printout copies of application attach the attested copies of all documents and keep it for future use.
Examination Centres : Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Delhi, Dispur, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata , Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram
Date of Verification of Documents : July/ August, 2016
- Starting Date to Apply Online : 06.02.2016
- Last Date for Payment of Fee using Pay by Cash Mode : 03.03.2016 by 23:59 hrs
- Last Date to Apply Online : 04.03.2016 by 11:59 P.M
- Last Date for Payment of Fee using Debit/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking : 04.03.2016 by 25:59 hrs
- Date of Competitive Examination : 13.05.2016