UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is going to conduct NDA & NA I 2016 (National Defence Academy & Naval Academy) examination on 17th April 2016. If you want to be the pride of the nation and have the courage to serve then the written examination of NDA is the first obstacle to achieving your goal. Various lucrative coaching institutes are available which make sure that you bring laurels but preparation for this toughest exam requires Self determination and Zeal to pass this hurdle. If you have enough of time then more knowledge about the subjects can be taken and if you are left with less time then proper planning and scheduling of the sections should be done. Construction of knowledge in your mind is must as memorizing is short lived.
Important tips & tricks for preparation of NDA exam (I):-
1. Syllabus & Exam pattern of NDA Exam: The first step is to know the syllabus and plans your topics accordingly. Understanding the exam patter is equally important which will help you to benchmark your performance on the day of the examination. Checking the exam analysis of previous years tells the importance and value of the topics.
2. Time Management: To have officers like qualities one has to start behaving in the same way so Self- discipline is the first and foremost quality, managing your time for each activity will help you to achieve your dream.
3. Start early: The best time to start preparing for NDA Exam is 11TH because if you keep focus from starting then developing knowledge about each topic will not be problematic by the end. Moreover, NDA syllabus and school curriculum are same so the clearing basic concept is your first step.
4. Coaching/ Mentors: Sometimes covering syllabus in school is not enough as they are not preparing you for specifically NDA so taking coaching about the same will be beneficial in the long term . As taking guidance from mentors and solving test series in institutes will track your progress. Challenging yourself to score better in each test will make you more determined.
5. Concentration (The key to success) : Concentrating during classes and jotting down important points is mandatory for saving time for the last moment. As your own notes help to revise better during the stress examination days.
6. Books & Authors: NCERT Books are the best to know the subject and clears the basics, Arihant publications, Pathfinder for NDA &NA, Mathematics by R.S Aggarwal etc.
7. Mock Test paper: After covering the syllabus the next step is to solve the mock test papers and sample papers, which will define your areas of strength and weakness. Once you know the topics where you are lacking then start preparing and avoid silly mistakes to score better.
8. Speed & Accuracy: For competition where lakhs of intelligent students are appearing speed with accuracy is essential to score more. Avoid using pen and paper for each calculation of mathematics start using tricks to solve it in the mind first for instance, learn all the tables and square or cube roots which will enhance your speed. Remember negative marking is also included so accuracy should be checked.