MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited) issued a recruitment for the recruitment of 66 JTO (Junior Telecom Officers) through GATE – 2015. Eligible candidates who fulfill all eligibility criteria can apply online from the official website on or before 21.03.2016. Full vacancy details are given below.
Total No. of Posts : 66 Posts
Name of the Posts : JTO (Junior Telecom Officer)
- Telecom : 59 Posts
- Electrical : 05 Posts
- Civil : 02 Posts
Educational Qualification : Candidates should possess Full time degree in Engineering in relevant field.
Age Limit : Candidates age should be between 21-30 years as on 21.03.2016
Application Fees :
- Rs. 1000/- for General/OBC Category candidates
- Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PwD Candidates.
Selection Process: Only those candidates who have qualified for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) - 2015 are eligible to apply. Based on the GATE-2015 score, candidates will be shortlisted in the descending order of merit, and accordingly will be called for further document verification. Appointment will be given on the basis of successful verification of documents. It may be noted that for this recruitment process, GATE scores of 2015 only will be valid.
Candidates obtaining a valid score shall only be eligible for selection. The score is valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the corresponding EC/CS/EE/CE paper of GATE 2015.
The qualifying marks for GATE Examination shall be as per the criteria adopted by the GATE 2015 examination conducting authority for different categories in different disciplines.
Candidates shall have qualified GATE 2015 in the papers as detailed below:
GATE-2015 paper code
How to Apply : Eligible candidates who fulfill all eligibility criteria can apply online from www.mtnl.net.in on or before 21.03.2016.
Instructions for Online Application :
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- No relaxation in health standards is allowed.
- One candidate can apply for only one post.
- Candidates are advised to be in regular touch with our website www.mtnl.net.in for latest updates regarding the recruitment process.
- Before applying the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the advertisement as well as on website www.mtnl.net.in. MTNL would be free to reject any application at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found ineligible for the post for which he/she has applied and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/certificate/documents or has suppressed any material fact(s).If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated. The decision of the Company shall be final in this regard.
- All qualifications should be from an Indian University/Institute recognized by AICTE/Appropriate Statutory Authority.
- While MTNL will exercise every care to avoid errors in the conduct in all stages of the recruitment process, it shall not take any liability for any error as may inadvertently occur in the process.
- Mere fulfilling the minimum requirement of qualification and experience will not vest any right on the candidates to be selected. In case of overwhelming response, MTNL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates by fixing revised eligibility criteria.
- Decision of MTNL Management for selection shall be final. Any canvassing directly or indirectly by the applicant will disqualify his/her candidature.
- Those who have qualification equivalent to any of the prescribed qualifications should produce certificate from the concerned University certifying that the said degree is equivalent to the particular Degree of the University. Applications without the authoritative equivalency certificate as said above will not be considered.
- Most of the selected candidates will be placed in Mumbai for training as well as posting.
- Candidates employed with Govt. department/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies have to produce NOC at the time of document verification essentially without which, they would not be allowed to appear for the same and his/her TA/DA would not be reimbursed.
- MTNL reserves the right to increase or decrease the numbers of vacancies.
- MTNL reserves the right to cancel/restrict/modify/alter the recruitment process, if need so arises without issue of any further notice or assigning any reason what so ever.
Last Date for Submission of Online Application : 21.03.2016